Thursday, September 9, 2010

Something New

My thoughts are racing,
And I’ve lost track of reality,
My thoughts are ransacked,
Pieces of rubble
As I struggle to understand
How I got here.
You entered my life.
Now I’m left questioning
Everything I thought I ever understood.
I’m not alone,
Your hand is in mine,
You’re on this journey with me.
Where did you come from?
I can’t fathom where we’re going.
Do you know what’s going on?
The moment you took my hand,
We began this trip,
My heart is no longer my own,
We’re sprinting forward.
No promises of safety,
No guarantees.
I’m right here with you,
As we chase the sunrise
Of something new.
The race began yesterday,
And I’m not willing to quit.
I’m still wondering
How this will end,
But isn’t it about the journey,
Not the destination?
With you by my side,
I have your back,
We can make this work,
We’ll get to the end.
Is this a race,
You want to win?

No comments: