Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Lovedrunk Sometimes all you need is a good cry, When the pain becomes too much, And the world feels like it's crashing down. You tore my world to pieces, You drove the knife right through my heart. You've done a dance on my grave, And spat upon the ground where I lay. I was fed lies, Drunk in what I thought was love, I was outside my mind. As the rain pours from the sky, I feel less like the rain Is only over my head. I'm no longer lost, My head and heart are healed. My pain is gone. The sound of your name No longer stings. I can sit in my car Without hearing your voice. I can reminisce with others, And I'm no longer secretly dying inside. I wish you could see me now. I can finally look you in the eyes, And not want to hate you, And everything you are. I have been freed from your stupidity, From your lack of understanding, From your inexpressible inability To care about what you have done. The nightmares are gone, The dreams turned to ash long ago. I wish I could have shut myself down, Saved myself earlier. All you taught me is how to hurt, How to anesthetize myself, Swallow the pain, And breathe. Thank you for everything you've taught me, Goodbye, Don't forget to leave me alone, And remember no one will ever Take care of you the way I did, Or love you the way I did. No one will measure up That's how I was raised.

No comments: