Wednesday, November 17, 2010

If My Heart Was a House

All these thoughts and feelings
Racing through my head
I can’t erase your touch from my heart,
The memory of your kiss burnt into my lips.
How I long to hold you,
This very moment.
Promises made in solitude,
Forgive me for the times,
When I can’t shelter you from your demons,
When I can’t hold you tight,
And whisper in your ear how much I love you.
Forgive me,
When my words spill over themselves,
And I struggle to make sense.
Your face fills my dreams,
Your voice rings in my head.
I close my eyes,
And know that you are right here with me,
Our hearts are together,
Though apart, we’re never too far.
Forgive me for the distance,
Forgive me for my fear.
I stare into your eyes,
And a thousand conversations take place,
Not a word needs to be said,
I see you,
For everything you are.
You dodged my defenses,
You broke through my walls,
I have no need to hide from you,
You are all I want.
My closest friend,
My love.
When our fingers entwine,
And I pull you close,
My heart beat races,
My breathing speeds,
I am mesmerized by your eyes,
Shining brighter than any star.
You simply cannot understand
What you have done to me,
I have never felt so loved,
And I am at peace.
Can you feel my heart,
Though we are so far apart?
You are my home,
I long to return soon.

No comments: